Skip to main content

Social Security Benefits: Fibromyalgia

Question for Department for Work and Pensions

UIN 214104, tabled on 29 January 2019

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what discussions she has had with the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care on the needs of people with fibromyalgia who are making claims for (a) personal independence payments and (b) employment support allowance.

Answered on

6 February 2019

During the debate on the recognition of fibromyalgia as a disability in Westminster Hall on 15 January (,%20col%20315H), I offered to arrange a round table with Ministers from the relevant Departments - including the Department of Health and Social Care - together with myself in my role as Minister for Disabled People to discuss what more we can do about health services, research and benefits for those with fibromyalgia. This round table is due to take place later this month.