Skip to main content

Gambling: Children

Question for Department of Health and Social Care

UIN HL11749, tabled on 23 November 2018

To ask Her Majesty's Government what specialist treatment is available to children with gambling problems, in particular to support any associated mental health issues.

Answered on

4 December 2018

The Government is committed to supporting all those identified as suffering from problems with gambling. Dedicated treatment for gambling disorders is commissioned by GambleAware who fund the National Gambling Helpline and commission a national network of treatment services, mostly through GamCare, which are locally accessible across Great Britain and are available to people of any age, including young people. Children with gambling problems can also access treatment in primary and secondary care, which includes specialised mental health services.