Skip to main content

Entry Clearances: Overseas Students

Question for Home Office

UIN 183880, tabled on 25 October 2018

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if he will introduce a Global Graduate Talent visa to allow international students sponsored by a UK university to work in the UK for a limited period following their graduation.

Answered on

30 October 2018

The Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) recently published its review of the impact of International Students in the UK. The MAC made several recommendations regarding port study work, though they did not recommend a separate post study work visa.

We will be carefully considering the recommendations made in the report and will be responding in due course.

Answered by

Home Office
Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.