Skip to main content

Question for Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

UIN 170399, tabled on 4 September 2018

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps are taken to ensure that the provisions of the Hunting Act 2004 are not violated on public land.

Answered on

10 September 2018

Anyone who believes an offence is taking place, or has taken place, during a hunt (including any damage on public land) should report the matter to the police as they deal with complaints of illegal hunting. Decisions on the arrest and prosecution of those taking part in illegal hunting activities are matters for the police and prosecuting authorities.