Skip to main content

Housing: Construction

Question for Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government

UIN 157255, tabled on 25 June 2018

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, if he will confirm house building allocations for local authorities to allow them to finalise their local plans.

Answered on

3 July 2018

House building allocations are not set by Government, it is for local authorities to do so through their own plan making process.

The draft revised National Planning Policy Framework proposes to introduce a number of measures that will make plan making easier, cheaper and more transparent. We intend to publish the final version of the revised Framework this summer.