Skip to main content

Government Departments: Buildings

Question for Cabinet Office

UIN 149054, tabled on 1 June 2018

To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, whether all government property has a record on e-PIMS; and if he will make a statement.

Answered on

11 June 2018

e-PIMS is a comprehensive electronic register of all central government property holdings, including information about requirements for new accommodation, and vacant and surplus properties. Bodies are responsible for entering complete and accurate information about all the properties they use and control on e-PIMS, and complete an annual verification process to confirm they have done this. Regular data quality assurance and sample checks are also carried out by the Office of Government Property.

Providing property information is mandatory for all:

- government departments

- non-ministerial departments and their executive agencies

- arms length bodies

- non-departmental public bodies

- special health authorities

Mandatory recording of information on e-PIMS does not apply to local authorities, the NHS (except for Special Health Authorities), public corporations, privatised railway undertakings, the Crown Estate; the Overseas estate or the Defence Estate (subject to some exceptions).

There are some other exclusions from e-PIMS, such as information about certain highly specialist properties (e.g. flood defences, pipelines, wayleaves and easements).

Answered by

Cabinet Office