Skip to main content

Universal Credit

Question for Department for Work and Pensions

UIN 133803, tabled on 21 March 2018

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, pursuant to the Answer of 20 November to Question 113079, what steps he is taking to inform claimants that they can offset unreimbursed work expenses against the income reported to her Department through real-time information in order to obtain a higher payment of universal credit.

Answered on

26 March 2018

We are in the process of updating our external communications and our guidance products for staff, to ensure that claimants are made aware that unreimbursed work expenses can be offset against the income.

Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.