Skip to main content

Developing Countries: Internally Displaced People

Question for Department for International Development

UIN 128847, tabled on 21 February 2018

To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what support her Department provides to internally displaced people; and if she will make a statement.

Answered on

28 February 2018

The UK is committed to meeting the needs of all displaced populations, including Internally Displaced Persons. We are providing more multiyear funding to support internally displaced populations and the communities that host them, through both humanitarian and longer term development programmes including those in Iraq, Nigeria, South Sudan and Yemen.

We support, through core and bilateral funding, some of the key agencies involved in IDP response, including the UN office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the International Organisation for Migration (IOM).