Skip to main content

Minimum Wage: Non-payment

Question for HM Treasury

UIN 124289, tabled on 23 January 2018

To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, pursuant to the Answer of 19 January 2018 to Question 122436, on Minimum Wage, how many of the 532 civil actions initiated since 2010 resulted in the recovery of unpaid minimum wage arrears.

Answered on

31 January 2018

The Government is clear that everyone who is entitled to the National Minimum and National Living Wage (NMW) should receive it. Anyone who feels they have been underpaid NMW should contact the Acas helpline on 0300 123 1100. HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) review all complaints that are referred to them.

HMRC is unable to provide figures on the civil actions where arrears were recovered, as it does not hold this data in a readily available format.

Answered by