Skip to main content

Redundancy Pay: Repayments

Question for HM Treasury

UIN 123163, tabled on 16 January 2018

To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what mechanisms exist to recover unauthorised redundancy payments made by a company funded by the Government through grant in aid.

Answered on

22 January 2018

Where payments are contractually committed, the terms of any possible recovery depend on the contract under which they are agreed.

Any unauthorised expenditure by a departmental arm’s-length body must be noted in the relevant department’s annual report and accounts. Any repayment of grant-in-aid by the arm’s-length body would be a matter to be resolved between the funding department and the arm’s-length body in question.

Answered by