Skip to main content

State Retirement Pensions: British Nationals Abroad

Question for Department for Work and Pensions

UIN 118260, tabled on 7 December 2017

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, whether women can claim the state pension at a younger age if they live abroad.

Answered on

12 December 2017

A woman’s state pension age is not affected by where she is currently residing.

The current timetable for State Pension age is available at the link below:

Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.