Skip to main content

Passports: Females

Question for Home Office

UIN 3923, tabled on 10 July 2017

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, pursuant to the Answer of 10 July 2017 to Question 2980, if she will take steps to assist people who have changed their name through marriage to obtain a change of name in the passport they hold from another country when that person holds dual nationality; and if she will make a statement.

Answered on

14 July 2017

Dual nationals changing their name on a foreign passport must follow the rules and regulations of that country. HM Passport cannot assist in the change of name process as it is an issue between the individual and the relevant country.

Answered by

Home Office