Skip to main content

Rented Housing: Fire Prevention

Question for Department for Communities and Local Government

UIN 1941, tabled on 29 June 2017

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, if he will take steps to require the uploading of records to a centrally-monitored database of fire safety inspections and refurbishments of properties owned by (a) local authorities, (b) housing associations and (c) private landlords.

This answer is the replacement for a previous holding answer.

Answered on

11 September 2017

Following the Grenfell Tower tragedy, the Government established a Building Safety Programme to ensure that buildings over 18 metres are safe.

We have collected information on high rise buildings, which have Aluminium Composite Material (ACM) cladding. That information is published on the building safety pages at

In addition, we are liaising with local authorities to identify all private residential blocks in their areas which have ACM and that the owners of these buildings have interim measures put in place and a plan for any necessary remedial work put in place, and to provide the Department with data on this.

Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.