Skip to main content

Community Care: Learning Disability

Question for Department for Communities and Local Government

UIN 66576, tabled on 6 March 2017

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what steps he is taking to ensure that social care funding is available for people with a learning disability at the same level as that for elderly people.

Answered on

9 March 2017

Local government has autonomy to determine how best to manage its own finances to ensure it delivers the appropriate level of services for its residents whether that is for people with learning disabilities or elderly people receiving social care.

Answered by

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.