Skip to main content

Higher Education

Question for Department for Education

UIN 66516, tabled on 3 March 2017

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, (a) how many and (b) which universities offer a four-year integrated masters degree course at undergraduate level.

Answered on

13 March 2017

The Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) collects and publishes statistics on enrolments at UK Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). According to HESA’s Student Record, in the academic year 2015/16 there were 163 publicly funded HEIs in the UK, and 99 of these institutions recorded one or more entrants to integrated masters degrees[1] at undergraduate level. The names of these institutions are included in the accompanying table.

[1] An integrated masters degree is identified by the codes M22, M26 and M28 of the ‘courseaim’ field in HESA’s Student Record. Further information on this variable can be seen at