Skip to main content

Social Services: Children and Young People

Question for Department for Communities and Local Government

UIN 66050, tabled on 1 March 2017

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what advice his Department provides to local authorities on how to fund social care for children and young people.

Answered on

10 March 2017

Local authorities receive funds through local taxes, fees and charges as well as from central government and they are best placed to take decisions on spend for social care for children and young people based on local needs.