Skip to main content

Freehold: Property Management Companies

Question for Department for Communities and Local Government

UIN 59534, tabled on 11 January 2017

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, if he will introduce legislative proposals to grant freeholders the right to remove property management companies from new developments.

This answer is the replacement for a previous holding answer.

Answered on

18 January 2017

If a freeholder is unhappy with the services provided by a management company they can, with their neighbours, collectively approach the company and ask it to sell the freehold of any communal areas. This is a matter of negotiation between both interested parties. There are currently no plans to allow a right in law for freeholders to enforce a purchase. We will continue to monitor the situation.