Skip to main content

Out of Area Treatment: Wales

Question for Department of Health

UIN 58761, tabled on 6 January 2017

To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what arrangements his Department has put in place for NHS provision in England for patients residing in Wales.

Answered on

11 January 2017

The National Health Service in Wales is responsible for arranging health care for people resident in Wales, and is accountable, through Welsh Ministers, to the National Assembly for Wales. Welsh NHS bodies are able to commission English providers to provide services for people resident in Wales. Any such arrangements are agreed between the bodies concerned, rather than put in place by the Secretary of State.

Answered by

Department of Health and Social Care
Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.