Skip to main content

English Language: Education

Question for Department for Education

UIN 58544, tabled on 20 December 2016

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what information her Department holds on the number of people employed in English language colleges in each region and constituent part of the UK.

Answered on

25 January 2017

English language colleges are independent organisations that are responsible for their own staffing. My department does not hold any information on the numbers of people employed in such organisations in England.

As education is a devolved matter, any assessment of English language college’s staff numbers outside of England is a matter for the relevant devolved authorities.