To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, which projects in Israel and the Palestinian territories were supported from the Conflict, Security and Stability Fund in 2016-17; and what the level of funding and support was for each such project.
24 October 2016
The following projects are funded from the Conflict, Security and Stability Fund (CSSF) during the current financial year (2016/17). These are projected spend figures and so are subject to change.
- Small training team as part of the United States Security Coordinator to provide institutional development and professionalisation of the Palestinian Authority Security Forces. £2.23m.
- Technical assistance to the Palestinian Ministry of Interior (MOI) to improve its capability to provide oversight and management of the security services. £1.8m.
- Support to EU Coordinating Office for Palestinian Police Support. £0.067m.
- Empowerment of young Israeli leaders to strengthen support for peace in their communities. £0.3m.
- UK-Israel Informal Security Dialogue. £0.025m.
- Legal Aid and Settlement Monitoring in the West Bank. £1.5m.