Skip to main content

Housing: Older People

Question for Department for Communities and Local Government

UIN 38073, tabled on 23 May 2016

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what steps he is taking to ensure that there is a sufficient supply of single-storey housing for occupation by elderly people; and if he will make a statement.

Answered on

26 May 2016

The National Planning Policy Framework and planning guidance requires local authorities to plan for a mix of housing based on current and future demographic trends, and the needs of different groups in their area. This includes housing suitable for occupation by elderly people.

Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.