Skip to main content

Carers: Young People

Question for Department for Work and Pensions

UIN 6350, tabled on 9 July 2015

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what support is available for young people who are sole carers for disabled and elderly family members to set up their own home.

Answered on

16 July 2015

The Government is committed to continuing to provide financial support for carers, including young carers, through the benefit system.

Councils may also be able to support young carers with accommodation and other costs in setting up home.