Skip to main content

Emergency Travel Documents

Question for Foreign and Commonwealth Office

UIN 228731, tabled on 23 March 2015

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, how many temporary passports were issued by the British authorities in Spain to British nationals who had lost or had their passports stolen in each of the last five years.

Answered on

25 March 2015

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) can issue Emergency Travel Documents (ETDs) to British national overseas if their passport has been lost, stolen, damaged, has expired or is otherwise unavailable. A breakdown of ETDs issued in Spain over the last five years is in the table below.

YearETDs issued for Lost/Stolen Passports (Spain)ETDs issued for all reasons (Spain)
2011No data available5,323
2010No data available4,198*

(*from March 2010 – Dec 2010)