To ask Her Majesty’s Government what was the total cost of the Review of the Balance of Competences between the United Kingdom and the European Union to the UK Statistics Authority and its associated agencies, broken down by (1) staff time, (2) printing costs, (3) running of engagement events, (4) witness expenses, (5) publicity of the reports, and (6) any and all other associated costs.
3 March 2015
The statistics element of the Balance of Competences Review was included within the cross-cutting report on Voting, Consular and Statistics, which was led by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The following information relates to the UK Statistics Authority's costs associated with contributing to the report.
(1) A full breakdown of staff time and associated travel / subsistence costs could only be obtained at disproportionate cost, but the staff cost of the Review was borne within existing budgets.
(2) The UK Statistics Authority contributed £1385.00 towards printing and publication costs.
(3) The UK Statistics Authority did not run any engagement events.
(4) Across the whole of the Balance of Competences Review witness expenses amounted to approximately £2,255.00, which were borne by the FCO.
(5) The UK Statistics Authority did not incur any costs publicising the reports.
(6) There were no other associated costs.