To ask the Secretary of State for Health, which voluntary registers have applied for accreditation as accredited voluntary registers with the Professional Standards Authority (PSA); and which such registers are (a) awaiting a decision and (b) have been rejected by the PSA.
2 February 2015
Seventeen voluntary registers have been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care (PSA) since it commenced the process in February 2013, as listed below
1. Academy for Healthcare Science
2. Alliance of Private Sector Practitioners
3. Association of Child Psychotherapists
4. British Acupuncture Council
5. British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
6. British Association of Play Therapists
7. British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers
8. British Psychoanalytic Council
9. Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
10. COSCA (Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland)
11. Federation of Holistic Therapists
12. National Counselling Society
13. National Hypnotherapy Society
14. Play Therapy UK
15. Society of Homeopaths
16. UK Council for Psychotherapy
17. UK Public Health Register
The accreditation is valid for one year and subject to review. No organisations have been rejected outright at initial application, although three have been approved with conditions. None to date have failed to be reaccredited at the annual review.
The PSA are currently considering three applications for accreditation.