Skip to main content

Marriage Certificates: Mothers

Question for Home Office

UIN 219638, tabled on 2 January 2015

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, when she plans to bring forward legislative proposals to allow the mothers of brides and grooms to be named on marriage certificates; and if she will make a statement.

This answer is the replacement for a previous holding answer.

Answered on

19 January 2015

Any change would require funding and changes to legislation and IT systems. We are currently developing possible options and potential timelines for legislative change which would help to bring this change into force.

Answered by

Home Office
Named day
Named day questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.